Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison Inmate Search and Prison Information
|Location||255 East 300 NorthPO Box 550, Gunnison, UT, 84634|
The Central Utah Correctional Facility is a male state correctional facility in Gunnison, Central Utah. The facility began its operations in 1990 and currently holds about 1600 male inmates. It currently features two housing facilities, Boulder, which opened between 1998 and 2003, and Henry opened in 1990. Boulder has the following housing units, Elm, Gale, Hickory, and Fir, while Henry features Aspen, Dogwood, Cedar, and Birch.
Central Utah Correctional Facility offers employment opportunities to over 400 individuals from the surrounding county regions. Moreover, inmates can participate on rehabilitation programs to make their life better. Inmates take life skill courses, substance abuse treatment, vocational training, educational programs, and work programs.
Notable Inmates at Central Utah Correctional Facility
This facility has held some high profile criminals on account of its high security. Some of the outstanding inmates that have graced the walls of Central Utah Correctional facility include:
- Troy Kell; Troy Michael Kell is among the high profile inmates to have been housed in this facility. He was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1986 by the State of Nevada for the murder of James Kelly. While in incarceration, he participated in the murder of fellow inmate Lonnie Blackmon. He was consequently sentenced to death by firing squad.
- Mark Hofmann; Hoffman is arguably considered the most accomplished forger in United States history. He is popularly known for his forgery of documents related to the Latter Day Saint movement. While most of his crimes were related to his craft as a forger, he constructed a bomb that killed two people in Utah.
- Spencer Monnet; Spencer was incarcerated for the rape of an elderly woman, Carla Brooks. He is currently serving his sentence at this facility.
- Nick Clatterbuck; Nick was a 15-year-old juvenile that killed his foster parents in Utah County. He had some disagreements with the parents back in 1984, after which he shot them severally and killing them. Although a juvenile, he was prosecuted as an adult and was sentenced to life in prison. He is still serving his time at this facility.
The Facility’s Contacts
- 255 E. 300 North
- Gunnison, UT 84634
- Phone Number:
Can you Contact an Inmate at this Facility?
You can contact an inmate at Central Utah Correctional Facility through the officially allowed means such as through emails, calls, or visiting the facility.
Contact by Mail
Inmates at this facility can receive emails, photos, and clean cards that are not electronic. However, sending all these items comes with strict rules. For photos, they cannot exceed 4″x 6″ measurement, cannot be Polaroid, or contain any form of obscenity. Moreover, you can send up to five photos in a single envelope.
Incoming emails must undergo inspection to avoid the entry of illegal items. The envelopes should not have lipstick, marker, or crayon markers. Moreover, they should have the right inmate credentials, name, and ID number.
Contact by Phone
Inmates can also make calls to their family members and friends. However, each contact has to appear on a list of approved contacts. Staff members should not take messages on behalf of the inmates and inmates cannot make inbound calls. They can only make outbound calls to the approved contacts. Century Link (ICS Solutions) is the sole call services provider at this facility. You can as well organize a collect call where you, the receiver incurs the overall call cost.
The calls are subject to scrutiny for security reasons. No gang-related or criminal communication on the phone.
Contact by Visitation
Inmates can also receive visits from their friends and family members. However, the visitors have to be pre-approved by the facility’s authorities. To visit an inmate, you have to apply via the inmate or the facility’s visitation office.
Applications should have this address:
- Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison Visitation Office
- 255 East 300 North, PO Box 550, Gunnison, UT, 84634
The application can take up to 60 days to gain approval as the authorities certify your suitability for a visit. Once approved, you can then schedule your visit on the approved days. You have to dress decently, and you cannot bring any item to the facility. Past offenders or individuals with intensive criminal pasts may be denied visiting rights. Moreover, if you do not adhere to the visitation rules and guidance, you may be denied the rights.
The visiting schedule is:
- Saturday; 9 am to 3 pm
- Sunday; 9 am to 3 pm
Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison — General Information
|Facility Name||Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison|
|Facility Type||State Prison|
|Address||255 East 300 NorthPO Box 550, Gunnison, UT, 84634|
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.