Snake River Correctional Institution Inmate Search and Prison Information
|Location||777 Stanton Blvd, Ontario, OR, 97914-8335|
Snake River Correctional Institution (SCRI) is the largest prison in Oregon County, opened in 1991 at $175 million. It has 3,000 inmate beds in maximum, medium, and minimum security levels. The facility has administrative segregation, intensive management, disciplinary segregation, and an infirmary. Its inmate services are decentralized, allowing the classification of inmates into their appropriate housing units. Further, it uses a corridor system that connects to all houses, work areas, and program centers for convenient movement all year round. Offenders at SCRI participate in various programs, including anger management, marriage enrichment, veterans affairs, and Dads4Life. And its Oregon Corrections Enterprises comprises a contact center, a laundry room, and a sign shop.
DOC Offender Search
The Oregon Department of Corrections (DOC) maintains an offender search platform on its official website. Here, you can locate any person you suspect is at SCRI. Use the offenders’ first, middle, and last names and SID number to search. The search results include the following offender details: –
- SID number
- Full names and aliases
- Mug shot
- Date of birth and age
- Hair and eye color
- Current location and status
- Field admission date
- Earliest release date
- List of offenses
Contacting an Inmate at SRCI
There are three main ways to contact an inmate at SCRI as follows: –
- By Postal Mail
Inmates at SRCI may receive letters and photos from friends and family members. Only newspapers, magazines, and books must originate from the publisher or distributor directly. Address the postal mail as follows: –
Inmate’s full names
Snake River Correctional Institution
777 Stanton Blvd, Ontario, OR, 97914, United States
Include a return address plus your full names. All mail is opened and reviewed upon arrival in the presence of the inmate.
- Electronic Mail
Inmates have access to computer tablets at their housing units. Here, they may send emails to their family and friends at a fee. The e-messaging services are courtesy of ICS Corrections through Corrlinks. These are monitored conversations, screened for any unauthorized content. Hence, an incoming e-message may take up to 48 hours to reach the inmate. Anyone wishing to send an email to an inmate has to sign up and create a Corrlinks account.
- On Phone
ICS Corrections provides inmate telephone services at SRIC. Here, family and friends will receive collect calls from inmates. The first call will require the recipient to validate their phone numbers. Then, the inmate may make audio or video calls to this validated telephone number. Likewise, family and friends may use their 4-digit PIN to call 1-877-831-0390 and leave a voicemail message for the inmate. Voice messages are $0.50.
DOC maintains AIC Trust Accounts for all inmates at SRCI. Here, the department contracts Telmate, JPay, and CenturyLink to accept and process electronic funds deposits to the inmate accounts. These are safe and secure deposits done online, via the phone or physical deposits at the vendors’ outlets across the state of Oregon. The funds top up the inmate’s telephone and commissary accounts. They pay for phone, email, and computer tablet charges and buying of commissary items, respectively.
Visiting Rules (291-127)
DOC maintains visiting guidelines for anyone wishing to visit an inmate at SRCI as follows: –
- Visiting hours at the minimum facility is on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays from 7.50 am to 10.40 am.
- Visiting hours at the medium facility is on Wednesdays to Sundays from 7.50 am to 10.40 am and 12.15 pm to 3.45 pm.
- Any visitor aged 15 years and above should have a state ID, passport, school ID, driver’s license, or military ID card for verification.
- Anyone visiting with an infant may carry a blanket, pacifier, two diapers, diaper wipes, and a clear plastic bottle, all in a clear plastic bag.
- The visitors are to dress conservatively, avoiding blue denim or blue clothing of any kind.
- Visitors may bring up to $15 in quarters to purchase commissary items at the vending machines.
- All visitors go through mandatory searches that include a metal detector search.
- You may bring up to five non-polaroid photographs to the visiting area.
- Any emergency medicines like nitro tablets and inhalers are to be left at the Sergeant’s desk.
- Weapons, hats, clothing with metallic parts or accessories, cell phones, or any other electronic devices are prohibited at the visiting area.
Snake River Correctional Institution — General Information
|Facility Name||Snake River Correctional Institution|
|Facility Type||State Prison|
|Address||777 Stanton Blvd, Ontario, OR, 97914-8335|
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.