Mississippi State Penitentiary Inmate Search and Prison Information
|Location||PO Box 1057 - Highway 49 West, Parchman, MS, 38738|
Mississippi State Penitentiary is a state correctional facility in Parchman, Mississippi. It is an all accommodative facility that holds various inmates, from minimum, medium, close custody to death row inmates. Currently, this facility can house up to 3543 adult inmates, with about 1521 held at Unit 29, a farming support unit charged with providing food to about three state correctional facilities.
Mississippi State Penitentiary features seven housing units and 58 support buildings. Inmates are allowed to participate in some rehabilitation programs. These programs include the following:
- Basic education
- Substance treatment programs
- Pre-release programs
- Faith-based programs
- Culinary arts
- Marine maintenance
- Auto body repair
The facility’s address and contacts are:
Mississippi State Penitentiary
590 Parchman Road 12
Parchman, MS 38738-3099
How to Locate an Inmate Held at Mississippi State Penitentiary
There are many sites where you can look up information about an inmate incarcerated at Mississippi State Penitentiary. However, the most recommended avenue is the official state websites. This offers not only the most credible information but also the most up to date. You just enter an inmate’s name and their registration, and the locater presents you with all the information about the offenders held here.
Can you Send a Mail/Package to an Inmate at Mississippi State Penitentiary?
Inmates incarcerated at Mississippi State Penitentiary are permitted to receive mails, photos, magazines, books, and cards from approved sources. However, there are some rules attached to each of these items. Incoming mails, except for legal ones, are opened and inspected for security purposes. Moreover, they are expected to be clean, with no gang-related communication or coded language. Only appropriate letters can be mailed alongside the letters. The letter should not be embellished with stickers, glitter, perfume, or lipstick.
The photos should not be larger than 4”x6” and should not contain any form of obscenity or nudity. Polaroid photos are not allowed. Inmates can also receive magazines, books, and newspapers as long as they come directly from the publishers or an approved vendor such as Amazon.
The mailing address is:
Inmate Name, MDOC Number
Current Housing Unit (if known)
PO Box or Street address
City, State, zip code
Can you Send Money to an Inmate at Mississippi State Penitentiary?
Like in other Mississippi state prisons, inmates at this facility can receive funds from their friends and family into their commissary accounts. These funds enable the offenders to purchase extra items that are not provided by the facility’s authorities. However, the amount of money that an inmate can spend is determined by individual classification level. Inmates in segregation can spend only $50 in a week, while those in other levels can spend up to $100.
You can send money to an offender through the following avenues:
- Walk-in; you can deposit funds by visiting any Western Union or MoneyGram centers such as Walmart or CVS. You can also deposit at the onsite kiosk at the facility.
- Online; you can also send money via several online service providers contracted to the facility, such as OffenderConnect, JPAY, Western Union, and AccessCorrections.
- Over the phone; you can deposit over the phone by engaging JPAY at 1-800-574-5729, AccessCorrections at 1-866-345-1884, or OffenderConnect at 1-888-988-4768.
Can you call an Inmate at Mississippi State Penitentiary?
When inmates arrive at this facility, they provide a list of contacts they can call during their jail time. This list is subject to changes every six months. Calls are only be outgoing calls, that means an outsider cannot call an inmate, but an inmate can call as long as the receiver is on the approved contact list. The calls are either collect calls or prepaid. Mississippi State Penitentiary contracts Global Tell (GTL) to offer call services to inmates at a fee.
Visitations at Mississippi State Penitentiary
Inmates can also receive visitors on predestined days under an approved schedule. The visiting schedule depends on the housing units or custody class of an individual inmate. The schedule is as follows:
- Medium and Minimum; Saturday and Sundays, 9 am to 2 pm.
- Protective custody minimum; Mondays (except 5th Monday of the month)
- Medium custody; second and fourth Mondays of the Month. 4th Monday for medium closed custody
- Technical violators; all Saturdays of the month except the 5th one
- Closed custody Unit 29; 3rd Monday of the month
- Death row inmates; 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month
- General population Unit 29; 2nd and 4th Tuesday and 3rd and 4th Wednesdays of the month
- Long term administrative segregation; 2nd Monday of March, June, September, and December
Mississippi State Penitentiary — General Information
|Facility Name||Mississippi State Penitentiary|
|Facility Type||State Prison|
|Address||PO Box 1057 - Highway 49 West, Parchman, MS, 38738|
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.