North Central Correctional Facility Inmate Search and Prison Information
|Location||313 Lanedale, Rockwell City, IA, 50579|
Situated in the city of Rockwell, Iowa, is the state’s prison, North Central Correctional Facility. It was established in the Iowa Women’s Reformatory in 1982.
The facility can contain 494 inmates, and it primarily houses low-risk offenders (or minimum-custody offenders), which includes felons and misdemeanants. The prison emphasizes individual responsibility and accountability and prepares the inmates for a successful comeback to their community.
Searching for an Inmate
If you’re searching for details about a North Central Correctional Facility inmate, you can check their official lookup link. You can also contact the prison/jail on 740-387-7040 to make inquiries about an inmate.
Kindly note that you’ll need to have the inmate’s information, such as full name, inmate ID number, date of birth, sex, and age.
However, if you still encounter difficulties while locating an inmate, you can try checking on the Ohio State inmate search page.
How to Call an Inmate
Inmates at the facility can’t receive calls, but they have access to phones during specific periods. Hence, they can make outgoing calls, which are always monitored. Inmates can only call those who are on their call list. They must submit the receiver’s phone number and name to get on the list.
Programs for Inmates
NCCF offers a wide range of program options, including educational programs contracted via the local community college. The educational classes include literacy, Life Skills, special education for qualified individuals, and HiSET.
The facility offers cognitive programs, which include Achieving Change Through Value-based Behavior and Thinking for Change. More self-help groups offered include Alcoholics Anonymous and several religious support groups.
The facility collaborates with the State’s Central Community College to offer Vocational training programs such as warehouse management, culinary arts, forklift training, welding, and many others as the funding permits. NCCF also offers apprenticeship opportunities in baking, carpentry, plumbing, cooking, building maintenance, and welding.
There is a wide range of job opportunities for offenders as the prison tends to assign them to jobs that enhance and utilize their skills. Offenders may be assigned to maintenance off/on grounds, general janitorial work, gardening, dietary, yard maintenance, landscaping, and recreation. The gardening department produces vegetables up to 30,000 pounds yearly.
You can mail inmates at the facility through:
Inmate Mailing Address
Name & DOC Number of Inmate
North Central Correctional Facility
Rockwell, IA 50579
Don’t forget to include a valid return address for all correspondence and the inmate’s DOC number and full name. Failure to do this might cause the mail to be returned.
The NCCF staff inspects every package and correspondence, and there are a few rules to follow:
- You can send photographs. However, buttocks and genitalia of both females and males and female breasts must be covered by clothing or substantially obscured by other objects that are not considered obscene or pornographic.
- Lewd genitalia display by females and males, unclothed or clothed, is prohibited. Multiple photographs on single sheets, thumbnail, or any other size must comply with the prison standards.
- You can send clippings from any authorized published material.
- You can send Internet material, except they’re considered a security threat/risk.
- Enclosures or attachments sent in with a mail must not exceed ten pictures or pages.
If you’re looking to send an email to an NCCF inmate, register for O-mail (each O-mail sent costs $0.25) at www.corrlinks.com.
How to Send Money
You can send money to an inmate in the North Central Correctional Facility through several means, including JPay, MoneyGram, Access Corrections, and many more options.
Visitors can also send money directly to an inmate’s account through the prison administrative office.
When sending money through check or money order, ensure to mention the inmate’s full me and ID behind the slip.
Visiting Rules and Hours
Inmates at this facility can receive visitors. The North Central Correctional Facility visiting hours are:
Monday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Saturday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
Sunday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
During holidays that fall on a Friday, Monday or non-visiting day, the visiting hours are between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm. On Christmas Day, the Visiting hours are between 8:30 am and 8:30 pm.
- You must be on an inmate’s approved visiting list before you’re allowed to visit them. You can begin the process by filling out a visitor’s application and mailing it to the facility’s Central Visiting Authority. Please call 319-385-9511 for further inquiries.
- All visitors must have a current photo ID to enter the facility and be willing to be searched by the prison officers.
- Searches may include a pat-down, visual searches, electronic ion scanners, metal detectors, or other electronic devices.
- Visitors are allowed to buy a Debitek Card for purchasing canteen items for an inmate.
- You’ll find the written guidelines posted in the facility’s visiting room.
Here are some items you can’t take into the visiting room:
- Cell Phones: All personal devices capable of private Internet connection (smartphone, iPhone, smartwatch, Nook, Kindle)
- Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives
- Tobacco or tobacco items, such as lighters
- Medications: unless essential, such as nitro, etc.
Here are baby items that visitors with infants can take in:
- One baby blanket
- Two diapers
- One clear, factory-sealed, plastic container for baby food
- One burp cloth
- Clear sippy cup
- Clear baby bottle with formula and milk only (non-glass)
Visitors’ Dress Code
You’re required to follow the facility’s dress code when entering the Visiting Room, which includes:
- Visitors aren’t allowed to wear muscle shirts, halter tops, miniskirts, see-through clothing, or shorts (above the knee level).
- You must wear shoes
- The institutional procedure addresses shorts-wearing by kids below 12.
- Clothing with pictures, words, or slogans intended to deprecate cultural values, sex, or race is not allowed.
- You must remove outwear, such as sunglasses, hats, coats, or gloves.
- In the case of wearing sunglasses as a medical need, you must present verification by your optician.
North Central Correctional Facility — General Information
|Facility Name||North Central Correctional Facility|
|Facility Type||State Prison|
|Address||313 Lanedale, Rockwell City, IA, 50579|
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.